Railway Bridge in the Dock Area at Calais Reconstructed by 5 Railway Construction and Maintenance Group RE.
This track originally served between the Bassin Carnot and the central station and passed over the Pont Faidherbe which was demolished by the enemy. Both abutments and piers were partly demolished.
The crossing was skew and consisted of using two 40 ft sectional spans constructed with a 3 ft lead on the girders.
The abutments were repaired by means of light steel trestle piers.
Work was commenced on 4th November, 1944, and single line was opened on 22nd November, 1944.